Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Colorado...

not the photos I planned.

We took a family trip to Colorado last week. I was SO excited to have some new locations to photograph. I had new outfits for the girls just for the trip. Our first day there, I found a beautiful scenic road that was perfect for the photos. It was full of trees, wildflowers, wooden fences, and mountain views. I was SO excited.

We planned to go back on Tuesday night for the photos. Well, we ended up sightseeing longer than planned that day, so we decided to do the photos on Thursday evening. Thursday morning, my oldest daughter became very ill. We still don't know if it was a bug or the altitude. To play it safe, we packed up early Friday morning and came home a day early. So, there went my photos!

So, I'm posting a few photos from our sightseeing trips. Hair isn't brushed and outfits aren't what I'd planned, but I still love them.

This first photo is of the Royal Gorge. We had a fun afternoon exploring this beautiful sight!





We stopped to hike in this area and my K girl looked so sweet sitting on the log.



We drove to Canon City to book a rafting trip. We ate lunch in their historical main street. It had some cool architecture. My C girl was really into getting her photo taken here...not normal for her. Please note....she fixed her own hair that morning!!



After our trip to the Royal Gorge, I spotted a very cool baby blue vintage school bus behind a business. We stopped and took a couple of photos. The inside was way cool with red velour seats.



As we got out of the car, my hubby yelled, 'watch out for snakes." Needless to say, Miss C would not get close to the bus and I only had time for a couple of snaps. I added a retro twist here.




Even though our trip was cut short, we had an awesome time and plan to go back someday!

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP